Rajon Rondo

5/9/2010 7:07:27 PM
UnitedSkins
5/9/2010 7:07:27 PM Report Abuse

Rajon Rondo is absolutely ridiculous. 29 points, 18 rebounds, and 13 assists. Where does he stack up in terms of the best players in the league? Top 20? 15? 10?

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
gowizards2424
5/9/2010 7:21:54 PM Report Abuse
@UnitedSkins

leave thots

baseball18
5/9/2010 7:22:12 PM Report Abuse
@UnitedSkins

rondo needs to be considered one of the top players ever to not have any jump shot.  unreal.

MIlitaryRD
5/9/2010 7:24:10 PM Report Abuse
@baseball18

In Arabic, Rajon Rondo translates to "Man who walks on water"-

Awesome Performance.

tiger
5/9/2010 7:39:10 PM Report Abuse
@MIlitaryRD

Rondo doin work

dcsportfan10
5/9/2010 7:40:48 PM Report Abuse
@MIlitaryRD

He cant shoot. Lets see how he ranks up against the PGs before we go all nba. Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Tyreke Evans, Deron Williams, Toni Parker,Derrick Fisher(just kidding),  and Derrick Rose are all better then him, atleast in my opinion. Hell give Steph Curry a couple more seasons and i would take him before Rondo too. Dont forget Rondo is playing on a team with 3 hall of famers, maybe 4(sheed) but he has more techs then games played so he may not make it.

cowboys33
5/9/2010 7:45:39 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

if rondo ever gets a jump shot, i think he could be in conetention for MVP but he'll never get a jumper so he's outta luck

thewit691
5/9/2010 7:52:52 PM Report Abuse
@cowboys33

top 50

UnitedSkins
5/9/2010 8:12:30 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

dcsportfan, I think that your list of PGs better than him is a little bit long. I'd say he's better than Tony Parker, Derrick Rose, Nash, and Tyreke. In addition to averaging 14 and 10, he finished in second in voting for the Defensive player of the year award, averaging 2.3 steals per game. I'd say he's the third best PG in the league behind Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Just my opinion.

Littlehoya
5/9/2010 8:27:21 PM Report Abuse
@UnitedSkins

within 3 years he'll be the face of the celtics. as for now, top 4 PG behind paul,williams,nash, and top 20 overall

dcsportfan10
5/9/2010 8:35:48 PM Report Abuse
@Littlehoya

Ofcourse he would be the face of the Celtics within 3 years, because the big three are getting old, and they have their rings. I just want to see if he will produce the same numbers when he doesnt have KG,Paul Pierce, and one of the best shooters to come off a screen in Ray Allen. United i do admit that my list was a bit of a stretch, but keep in mind that i hate the celtics. So the shortest list would be Paul, Nash, and Williams, then Rondo.

littleboy1226
5/9/2010 8:37:15 PM Report Abuse
@UnitedSkins

Yeah, he is one of the onlly great rebounding PG's in the game that can also score and dish out assists. He is alone with J Kidd with that.

He brings that extremely flashy play though, something Steve Nash lacks. Although, Nash can shoot a pair of free throws. Trust me guys, Rondo is a very hard-worker. I gurantee this off-season he works on his jumper. Unfortunetely for him, the Celtics are going to go through a complete overhaul in about 2-3 years.

With all of his talent, Rondo is a clear cut-out All-Star, which means he is a Top 25 player. Arguably he is b/w #1-4 Pg in the League, with Steve Nash, CP3, and D Will.

jwd4skins
5/9/2010 8:54:48 PM Report Abuse
@littleboy1226

1) Deron Williams

2) Rajon Rondo

3)Chris Paul (when he's not hurt like he was this season)

4) Steve Nash

After this there is an extremely severe drop off leaguewide at the pg position. these players are some of the best in the nba. cant say that about the others people have listed. What is being neglected is that rondo is perhaps the best defensive player in the nba other than dwight howard. look at rondo's steal stats. led the league this year by a significant margin (almost half a steal a game over the next guy who played in at least 65 games) rondo also had the second most votes for the defense team this year. http://www.nba.com/2010/news/05/05/all.defense/index.html

apman39
5/9/2010 9:16:49 PM Report Abuse
@jwd4skins

Deron Williams is the far and away the best point guard in the league right now.  He is strong offensively and defensively he can guard guys a lot bigger than him because he is so tough.  Second to him would probably be Chris Paul.  Third is a toss up between Steve Nash and Tony Parker.  Nash probably has a more complete game but Parker is just good at what he does.  Someone mentioned Tyreke Evans and Derrick Rose as being better than Rondo but I don't think that is possible.  If the Kings got a solid point guard Evans could move to the 2 position and still put up the same numbers because he is a slasher, Dewayne Wade type of player, not totally a playmaker like Rondo.  Rose can put up great numbers but I don't think he is as good a passer as Rondo.

dcsportfan10
5/9/2010 9:17:08 PM Report Abuse
@jwd4skins

I disagree on the PG drop, thats actually far from correct. The top 3 rookie of the year candidates were Point Guards. Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings, and Steph Curry. And lets not forget to mention Toni Parker, Devin Harris, Monta Ellis, Mo Williams, and Chauncy Billups as superior point guards. Actually i would take Billups before Rondo, Nash, and Williams... How could we forget about him.

If you wanna talk about a position with 4 elite players followed by nobodys, it would be the center position.

kidkrazy
5/9/2010 9:40:24 PM Report Abuse
@dcsportfan10

I think its hard to judge a best a position list without having a list of all the guards in front of you because there are people that might slip the mind.

MIlitaryRD
5/9/2010 9:46:00 PM Report Abuse
@kidkrazy

Rondo Doesn't have a jumper... doesn't make him a bad PG, thats liek saying Shaq isn't a great center becasue he can't shoot freethrows. Rondo Is pure oldschool ball.

Cadet04
5/9/2010 10:00:05 PM Report Abuse
@MIlitaryRD

This is how I rank the PGs:

1) Steve Nash - Say what you will about his age... but he's the best.  Especially in crunch time. Despite being a 2-time MVP he's underrated by most.

2) Chris Paul - It's more like 1 and 1A with Nash and Paul. 

3) Rajon Rondo - His great defense and his leadership in that locker room more than make up for the lack of a jump shot. 

4) Deron Williams - He's possibly the most valuable of the 4 to their team, but he's still awesome. 

5) Chauncey Billups - So Clutch. 

CocaCola
5/10/2010 6:29:40 PM Report Abuse
@Cadet04

Cadet 04;

I love your ranking Nash as Number 1.  He may be the best pure shooter in the history of the NBA, having completed his 4th season with FG percentage of 50% plus, 3 point percentage of 40% plus, and FT percentage of 90% plus.  No one else has more than one such season. Unlike a Lebron, he's not padding his FG stats with a lot of dunks.  And if you watch him on a regular basis, you might also conclude he is the most ambidexterous player of all time as well.

Although not a great defender, I think his defense is underrated as his soccer background gives him excellent lateral movement: and he has led the league in drawing charges in several different seasons. 

His performance last night was reminiscent of Bird coming back in the playoffs against the Pacers after banging his face on the Garden floor.  After a severe eye injury, his ten points and 5 assists in 4th quarter helped the Suns complete the sweep of the Spurs.  Check out this link to see just how bad eye was:

http://www.bothteamsplayedhard.net/2010/05/09/the-evolution-of-steve-nashs-eye-injury/

At 36, Nash still has a lot of heart and a lot of talent!   Beat LA!

jwd4skins
5/10/2010 9:12:49 PM Report Abuse
@CocaCola

CocaCola you're wrong. Larry Bird is the only other person to have that shooting line multiple times

CocaCola
5/11/2010 8:36:14 PM Report Abuse
@jwd4skins

I stand corrected as Bird did it twice.  As Bird and Nash are among my five favorite players of all time, I am glad to see them in each others company

Cadet04
5/13/2010 8:25:45 PM Report Abuse
@CocaCola

CocaCola ... are they in your top 5 because they are white?  They join 'Thunder Dan', Rex Chapman and  Mike Miller in my top 5 favorites of all time. 

puma
5/9/2010 10:04:15 PM Report Abuse
@MIlitaryRD

Nash is easily the a top-3 point guard in the league. Williams, Paul, and Nash are the top 3. Billups, Rose, and Westbrook, and Rondo are the next four. Parker doesn't play any defense. 

pbuckley
5/9/2010 10:17:27 PM Report Abuse
@puma

United, all I can say is back 3 years ago when Danny Ainge was making the deals to land Allen and Garnett, there was a reason everyone was asking for Rondo and a further reason why Ainge was not about to deal him. We are now seeing that reason.

Ppatt78
5/9/2010 11:15:23 PM Report Abuse
@pbuckley

rondo was absurd today.

knights12
5/10/2010 1:23:45 AM Report Abuse
@Ppatt78

Rajon Rondo is the best all around point guard in the league in my opinion. Hes by far the best defensive PG, as displayed by him on the All NBA Defensive Team. He rebounds as well if not better then any other PG, and he led the NBA is assists this year. Hes already won an NBA championship, now I know that he had KG, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, but the Celtics would not have won the title with Rajon running the point. If I had to pick a PG to win me a championship right now, Rondo is probably at the top of the list.

KFlaherty22
5/10/2010 1:26:46 AM Report Abuse
@knights12

Rondo playing like a man in the playoffs, keeep it up!

baseball18
5/10/2010 2:19:31 AM Report Abuse
@KFlaherty22

offensively, steve nash is the best point guard by a good margin in my opinion. terrific shooter, gets wherever he wants on the court, one of the best passers ever, creative, runs the pick and roll amare better than anyone since stockton and malone. hard to put him behind any of those guys offensively.

citystylz
5/10/2010 9:20:49 AM Report Abuse
@baseball18

Rondo should be considered one of the best because he breaks down the defense with his penetration, and makes the smart pass. He creates opportunities for others to score, as soon as he begins to drive, the others know to cut to the basket for the easy two. I like LJ, but Mo Williams and DeLonte West better slow up Rondo if they want to win. 

knights12
5/10/2010 10:10:31 AM Report Abuse
@citystylz

*Rondo didnt lead the league in assists this year, but he has led the league in assists during the postseason.

skins
5/10/2010 10:41:53 AM Report Abuse
@knights12

insane

dcsportfan10
5/10/2010 5:13:01 PM Report Abuse
@skins

Chauncey Billups is the most underrated player in the NBA, and i think he is one of the best court generals. When Melo was out for a while the Nuggets record was well over .500 during those games.

apman39
5/9/2010 9:17:48 PM Report Abuse
@jwd4skins

Deron Williams is the far and away the best point guard in the league right now.  He is strong offensively and defensively he can guard guys a lot bigger than him because he is so tough.  Second to him would probably be Chris Paul.  Third is a toss up between Steve Nash and Tony Parker.  Nash probably has a more complete game but Parker is just good at what he does.  Someone mentioned Tyreke Evans and Derrick Rose as being better than Rondo but I don't think that is possible.  If the Kings got a solid point guard Evans could move to the 2 position and still put up the same numbers because he is a slasher, Dewayne Wade type of player, not totally a playmaker like Rondo.  Rose can put up great numbers but I don't think he is as good a passer as Rondo.

kaisantos2229
1/27/2018 11:32:28 PM Report Abuse
@UnitedSkins

Rajon rondo is no longer in the Boston Celtics. Rajon Rondo was traded to New Orleans Pelicans.

New Comment

You must login to report abuse. Close